Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Immunization Services Division/Assessment Branch
1600 Clifton Road, MS E-62
Current Position Medical Epidemiologist, Assessments Branch, Immunization Services Division, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA
7/07 – 6/09 Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS) Fellowship, Minority AIDS Research Initiative and HIV Vaccine Teams, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA.
7/05 – 6/07 Residency in Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA.
7/02 – 6/05 Residency in General Pediatrics, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY.
• Designed and conducted analyses of vaccination coverage among adolescents to inform public health interventions and policy that increase vaccination uptake in this group
• Prepared reports and tables of national and state-level vaccination coverage estimates among adolescents for colleagues, local and state health departments, and for public usage
o Co-authored Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report article on vaccination coverage estimates among adolescents
o Created summary reports for each state and local area (55) surveyed during the 2008 NIS-Teen informing them of vaccination coverage estimates among adolescents in their state
o Coordinated the expansion of adolescent materials on the CDC Immunization Surveillance website by developing multiple tables, figures, and background information on vaccination coverage estimates among adolescents in the US and NIS-Teen
• Led planning meetings with colleagues to develop research ideas for presentations and publications using data from the National Immunization Survey for Teenagers (NIS-Teen)
• Assisted in design and implementation of NIS-Teen
o Adapted NIS-Teen questionnaire to collect information reflective of emerging public health events
o Led development a new module for the NIS-Teen that will identify and assess for parental concerns about adolescent vaccination
• Responded to public inquiries about design and implementation of NIS-Teen
• Provided primary care services to pediatric patients weekly