University of Gondar
department of Medical microbiology
gondar town, 196
2008-2012--Assistant lecturer in the Department of Medical Microbiology, College of Medicine and Health Science, University of Gondar, Ethiopia
2012 – Present ---Lecturer of Clinical Microbiology, Department of Medical Microbiology, College of Medicine and Health Science, University of Gondar, Ethiopia
Published Research experiences
1. Abate Assefa, Baye Gelaw, Yitayal Shiferaw, and Zemene Tigabu. Nasopharyngeal Carriage Rate and Antimicrobial Susceptibility Pattern of Potential Pathogenic Bacteria among Paediatrics Outpatients at Gondar University Teaching Hospital, Ethiopia. Infectious Diseases & Therapy 2013; 1: 109. doi:10.4172/jidt.1000109
2. Mucheye Gizachew, Mulugeta Kebede, Yared Merid, Yenework Sinshaw, Moges Tiruneh, Martha Alemayehu. Fanaye Asfaw, Abate Assefa, Mulat Dagnaw, Agresew Alemu. Escherichia coli isolated from patients suspected for urinary tract infections in Hawassa Referral Hospital, Southern Ethiopia: An institution based cross sectional study. Journal of Microbiology Research 2013; 1(1): 009-015.
3. Abate Assefa, Biniam Mathewos, Abebe Alemu, Zelalem Addis, Meseret Alem, Mucheye Gizachew. Hepatitis B and C Viral Infections among Blood Donors at Bahir Dar, Ethiopia. International Journal of Medical Research & Health Sciences 2013; 2(3):624-630
4. Abate Assefa, Baye Gelaw, Yitayal Shiferaw, Zemene Tigabu. Nasopharyngeal Carriage and Antimicrobial Susceptibility Pattern of Streptococcus pneumoniae among Paediatrics Outpatients at Gondar University Hospital, North West Ethiopia. Pediatrics and Neonatology 2013: 54(5): 315 - 321.
5. Unpublished research work: currently I have three under review manuscripts and two on going research projects
6. I have presented and attended many scientific conferences.